PhotobucketGlam-Bam, Thank You, Ma'am!: "If you're not here in fifteen minutes, you can find a new best friend."

Sunday, August 02, 2009

"If you're not here in fifteen minutes, you can find a new best friend."

Who hasn't said that line, without the slightest hint of irony? (Because when I say it, I actually mean it) John Hughes' 1986 classic Ferris Bueller's Day Off embodies what we'd all do in a heartbeat: play hookie with our best friends. Not to mention the film is ripe with quotes that you'll insist on rattling off all the time; "This is ridiculous, ok I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go. What - I'LL GO.", and "Bueller...Bueller...Bueller?" are personal favorites.

Of course, where would the movie be without our dear Sloane? We've got Matthew Broderick in his prime, and Alan Ruck being adorably forlorn, but Sloane, in her fringed leather jacket, high-waisted shorts, and ray bans kind of carries the film. It doesn't hurt that Mia Sara is quite beautiful, and captures 80s youth perfectly.

So go raid your mom's closet, grab your most delightfully neurotic friend, and a red 1961 Ferrari 250GT California, and take it easy.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

"Ladies and gentlemen, you are such a wonderful crowd, we'd like to play a little tune for you. It's one of my personal favorites and I'd like to dedicate it to a young man who doesn't think he's seen anything good today - Cameron Frye, this one's for you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home