PhotobucketGlam-Bam, Thank You, Ma'am!: Fall/Winter Shoes

Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall/Winter Shoes

Winter is nearly upon us, which means it's time to eschew with a firm hand your open-toed sandals and go for the warmth of oxfords, booties, et cetera. I was given the opportunity to go my local Marshalls and pick out my top shoe for fall.

For those of you readers not from the US, Marshalls is where department stores send their excess designer clothes, shoes, and accessories, and in turn are sold for a fraction of the price. It's always great quality, and new shipments arrive all the time. Recently, Marshalls decided to implement the Shoe Megashop. Now, even more designer shoes for every occasion are available in their stores. Visit the site here.

I went to Marshalls over the weekend for my shoe shopping excursion. I didn't have a particular shoe style in mind when I went; rather, I went with the hope that a particular shoe would speak to me. You know what I mean. Well, imagine my glee when I saw rows and rows of shoes, all organized by occasion. The hot fall picks were right up front, with brands ranging from Jessica Simpson to Steve Madden.There were lace-up oxfords, equestrian-style flat boots, ankle boots, everything! The aisles were easy to navigate and were kept neat and organized, which is key when shopping a rack. After much debating, I finally decided on black suede zip-up ankle boots from Nine West. I snagged them for a cool $49.99, rather than the original price of about $80.
Photobucket
I couldn't wait to try them with different outfits, so below for your viewing pleasure is yours truly posing. Forgive me, but my face isn't in either, since I wasn't looking too swell this morning. In the first picture, my shirt is by Keep Calm and Carry On, based out of the U.K., and my jeans are BDG from Urban Outfitters. In the second picture, my top is Anna Sui for Anthropologie, City Shorts by AG, and Nordstrom junior's tights.

Photobucket

Also, be sure to check out the widget on the right navigation bar to find your perfect shoe match, courtesy of Marshalls!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I came across your site, and I thought it was fabulous! Please let me help you spread the word about your site!

As a blogger I know how hard it is to expand your readership. This is why I co-founded Sweethype.com, an online social news site for women to share articles that interest and inspire them on a number of different topics, from fashion and celebrity gossip to politics and the green movement. You can go on and share stories that you have written/read, or 'hype' the ones that you like!

The beta site launches today! I wanted the sites on my own personal bookmark list to be the first to review it. This means that you can get an inside look at it before everyone else! I'd love it if you could take a look at it and let me know what you think. We're still working out all the little kinks, but overall the growth in the community has been amazing! We have great content submitted from all around the web! I would like to invite you to be part of the community and share your own interests and opinions.

The website is www.sweethype.com.



My name is Kim Phan and I'm a co-founder of SweetHype.com

Hope you Join the Hype!



Kim Phan

Co-CEO

e: kim@sweethype.com

t: 917.270.1194

f: 646.472.5742

www.sweethype.com

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute booties!

xoxo,
La C

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fall shoes will take on fashion importance for the fall of 2009.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home